Agile Development Services
At ProDev we embrace Agile as an industry-standard approach to software development.
Senior, On Shore Developers & PMs Using Agile Processes
We always adapt to client needs and demands, always, but we encourage the use of Agile software development whenever possible. We find we achieve the best outcomes when we have an opportunity to truly collaborate with clients and involve them in the development process, and in our experience, Agile is the best way to make that happen.
Agile Process Benefits
Executed properly, an Agile development process accommodates initial product ideas and the inevitable new ideas that come up during development, to yield a feature-rich end product that performs well, and captures the vision, often with a body of next-version features and works well-defined for future phases (a solid backlog). The collaborative, review-as-you-go process is transparent and allows the client to plan releases, downstream events, and associated engagement economics, with authority and clarity.
We can, and do, run projects in more traditional ‘waterfall’ scenarios, where the features and requirements are already strictly defined, but prefer Agile work when appropriate.
Key Agile Principles
- The client appoints a product owner; this is someone who has the general vision for the product and who can coordinate client reviews and responses to interim deliverables;
- The development team works in defined intervals called Sprints; typically a sprint lasts two weeks. Sprints begin with the client product owner helping to define the priorities for the sprint, based on a backlog of desired features; the dev team then commits to certain deliverables and plans a demonstration at sprint-end;
- The dev team conducts daily stand-up meetings; these sessions serve to highlight any roadblocks or other issues threatening the sprint commitments;
- Client product owner analyzes new feature requests as they arise; we inevitably find that as the product starts to take shape, the client sees the need for new features they didn’t necessarily anticipate – this is a good thing, but we don’t chase shiny objects – the client product owner evaluates and prioritizes feature requests alongside existing ideas;
- Dev team releases interim versions sprint by sprint; the goal here is to release working versions of the new product as the team works its way through the feature list; there’s no waiting for demos until the end of the process; we release into a secure demo environment that the client product owner and others can use to evaluate progress.
Why Choose ProDev to Launch Agile Work
We know how to choose development engineers because we are engineers; same story with PMs: we’ve been there. When you partner with us, you gain access to a highly skilled network of professionals, plus a few other assurances.
Our on-shore consultants and engineers are located in the United States and Canada, ensuring seamless communication and unmatched reliability.
Quickly and easily get the right type of staffing you need at each phase of your project. Made significant headway with Development? Introduce QA/Testing resources and DevOps.
If you’re not completely satisfied with any team member, within the first 40 hours, say goodbye and you won’t be charged a dime.
Get access to more than development and PM talent. We staff for Full-Stack, Front-End, Back-End, Data Engineering, Q/A, UI/UX Design, and Business Analyst positions too.
We’ll match your pace, but you’ll drive the engagement. You have the control to order a zero-notice stand-down or termination if you’re unsatisfied.
We offer bi-weekly invoicing and postpaid billing for most clients, ensuring pay-as-you-go flexibility. Plus, we include detailed timesheet reports.
Launch an Agile Project in 3 Ways
Staff Augmentation Services
Best when managing the project in-house and combining our resources with internal staff.
Staff augmentation lets you quickly and reliably expand your team temporarily with Developers who can help as needed to introduce Agile concepts and drive development velocity. Whether you need a single end-to-end developer or ten, we’ve got you covered.
Software Development Outsourcing
Best if you need project management support in addition to staff augmentation services.
Not only can we staff you with development consultants and engineers, but we can provide you with an end-to-end software development team complete with a dedicated project manager steeped in Agile development methodology.
Project Ideation & Product Design
Best if you’re not ready for development yet and need help getting your project started.
Let our consultants and designers guide you through your ideation and design phases. Afterwards, launch development independently, or get started right away with staff familiar with your project.